The Second Short Life Of Bree Tanner


The Second Short Life Of Bree Tanner - Stephenie Meyer


Before I start my review on this book I will tell you what I thought on the Twilight Saga. I loved them there like my favourite series of book. I haven’t done a review on them because everyone’s done one on it so I thought I’d leave it.

The story tells Bree Tanner’s life as a newborn vampire and her connection with the other newborn vampires turned by Victoria in order to kill Bella. Bree makes friends, with sort of love interest with Diego, another vampire of the group, since both of them feel that they have been used and have doubts about the real intentions of their leader, plus: her vision is different and bloodless than other newborn vampires. Diego mysteriously disappears, leaving Bree even more confused and disconcert. Through the road, Bree makes friends with Fred, also known as 'Freaky Fred', a relegated vampire, he is the only gifted vampire within this covern and has a rare gift that works as a shield. He makes others feel sick when they look or even think about him and so can become invisible to others. He and Bree strike up an unusual friendship and he tries to convince Bree to leave with him.


So what did I think of this book………. At first I was a bit questiony about this book thinking that it wasn’t going to be half as good as the Twilight Saga but I wrong so wrong I loved this book just as much as them. Even though I knew what was going to happen to Bree I really wanted her to be OK.
I really liked the new characters Diego and Fred, I really found it interesting seeing the inner workings of the newborn army before they started battle with the Cullen family. It showed what there life was like as newborns, they were lied to, threatened and killed if they did not do as they were told. They were told that they had to kill the Cullen’s.
The book really shows the inside life of the newborns and you get to see the volturi in a whole new light and you get to see what Victoria and Riley were really like.
If you’re a Twilight fan (which I think everyone is) you will really need to this book it gives you another view on Eclipse.


4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this book as well. I was hoping to see more romance between Bree and Diego. I was sad that it had to end the way it did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Review Pavan. I also love the Twilight series and these side books telling the stories fo the rest of the clan are quite interesting.
    Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I enjoyed the saga (especially Eclipse), this addition didn't appeal me much. Perhaps I am expecting a bit more, despite of the overall circumstances, but it felt a little bit flat to me. Great job on the review though. I actually like the character Diego, but it is frustrating to see too little of him :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read this book yet. I found you through bookblogs.ning. I'm a new follower! I hope you can check out my blog sometime.
    -Elena
    elenasbookcafe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete